The Mascho Funeral Home, Inc. is the continuation of the oldest funeral home in the community, having just completed 129 years of service to the people of Bradford and the surrounding area.
On June 12, 1887 the Otto Koch Undertaking Establishment was founded. In 1909, Otto’s brother, Louis E. Koch, joined the business and the name was changed to Koch Brothers. Later, it became the Louis E. Koch Memorial Chapel. In 1919 Otho B. Chatley became associated with the business and in 1940, when he was named Secretary; the name was changed to the Koch Chatley Memorial Chapel, Inc.
The business was located for many years at 31-33 South Avenue, in buildings built by Mr. Koch. In 1963, Mr. Chatley purchased the Lewis E. Mallory home at 20 School Street, and in February 1964, the Koch Chatley Memorial Chapel moved to that location.
In 1985, the Koch Chatley Memorial Chapel merged with the Galati Funeral Home at their Kennedy Street location. In February 1991, Vincent Gaeto purchased the Koch Chatley Memorial Chapel, and changed the name to the Koch Chatley Gaeto Funeral Home, Inc.
On March 10, 2008, Michael and Olivia Mascho purchased the Koch Chatley Gaeto Funeral Home & Cremation Services, Inc., then on January 1, 2009 they decided to start fresh and change the name to the Mascho Funeral Home, Inc. and continue with the purpose of serving the people of Bradford and the surrounding vicinity with the compassion and dignity that each and every family deserves.